Tuesday 10 August 2010

Grazing for health and weight-loss

My box arrived from graze.com, and just in time- I'd eatedn a healthy, balanced breakfast and was starving and was eyeing the chocolate caramel digestives like they were my only hope.

See My Graze Box here

The first thing I thought about the graze box was 'wow, that's small, Are we sure that'll fill me up?' but after just sampling a few things I wasn't nearly as hungry. And it was delicious, too! I've opted for the 'wellbeing' box for this first box, but there are several you can choose from.

The idea is they send you a box made up of nutritionally balanced goodies from a list of likes and dislikes, and you pick at it throughout the day- have a healthy breakfast and dinner, and graze on the box. We'll see how well that works for me. It's nearly lunchtime and all...

On other news, have started exercising at home again. Nothing much, some weights, some crunches, some squats. I'm figuring that the days I'm at home I'll try and get up once an hour and do some exercise. Soon, I will be ridiculously fit again.

Edit- the graze box helped me eat a much healthier lunch than I otherwise would have done. Wholemeal pasta with homemade tomato and vegetable sauce.

Recipe: Please not I do not weigh or measure anything.
About a handful of wholemeal pasta per person eating, cooked to taste.
Sauce:
Garlic
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Peppers
Chopped Tomatoes
Tomato puree
Quarter veg stock cube
Teapsoon marmite
Mixed italian seasoning, pepper, rosemary, all to taste
Mixed beans
Pearl Barley
Olive Oil

Heat the olive oil in a pan, and fry the garlic on a low het. Chop the vegetables, and add to the garlic. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Cook together for a few minutes, add the water, stock cube, marmite, beans and barley. Cook. Eat when the sauce has thickened.
Serve with wholemeal pasta, cooked to taste.

I made enough to have some for lunch at work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment